Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Sewjo: On

Last week I was able to baste and quilt two baby/toddler quilts. One of them I have had finished for a while, the other was only hanging around for a couple weeks before it became a real quilt. 

All that's left to do is the binding which I will work on tomorrow. 

The other night I started cutting up my Color Me Happy layer cake by Vanessa Christenson for Moda Fabrics. I used the pattern Framed by Camille Roskelley from her book Simply Retro. 

I LOVE this quilt! It went together so easily. It is much larger than I though it was going to be, but I think that makes me like it even better. I just used the blues and greens in this quilt, colors I don't typically work with but they all look so good together. I will find something to do with the rest of the layer cake squares which are all mostly girly colors. 

But thats enough talk, how about some pictures now?


This seriously went together so easily, and looks so awesome for being so simple!


That top grey square is one of my favorite prints of the collection.


And this bottom aqua, green, and navy rectangle is another of my favorite fabrics. Who knew all those colors worked so well together?

Now just to decide if I put borders on it or leave it as is...

Until next time, 
--Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment